Today we are celebrating The Well partners who pray and serve widows month in and month out, year after year, bringing desperately needed food and medical aid to "the least of these." As the coronavirus spreads, Kerusomen partners like you are spreading hope. Right now, access to food and medicine for our widows in India is critical. KGM pastors are delivering the life-saving supplies you sent enabling them to stay healthy and safe in the midst of the global health crisis. Your faithful and sacrificial giving (in the midst of your own trials) are, in the Apostle Paul's words, "a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, very pleasing to God." (Philippians 4:18) They humble us more than you know and we thank you sincerely from the bottom of our hearts. And a special thanks to our prayer partners, as well. Thank you for protecting the most vulnerable families here and in India with our most powerful God-given tool: prayer. Pray with knowledge for these widows real needs, right now...
Widows in India are in unique circumstances during the pandemic shut-down.
- Pray for protection from severe weather: Many KGM widows live in lean-to houses that are barely standing and with leaky roofs that offer little protection from the elements. On our mission trip in December many widows asked for prayers for better housing. Please remember them, especially now.
- Pray for the ill who are cut-off from treatment.in the pandemic shut-down.
- Pray for widows who are without running water or sanitary facilities. Access to clean water is the first line of defense in waging the war against this virus. Pray for God to protect widows in the absence of these basic necessities.
- Pray for widows who are unable to operate their small home-based enterprises because of the mandatory quarantine. Unlike Americans, they can expect no unemployment checks or financial rescue packages. They receive no social security checks - even in the best of times.
- Pray for KGM pastors who are delivering food and medicine to our widows even during the shut-down.:
- Pray for provision: Food is scarce with no one to work the fields and no transportation operational to get it dispersed to the states.
- Pray for first responders: Trains, a major transporter, are at a standstill as its cars are being converted into temporary hospital beds. India only has one-half of a bed per 1,000 people. Qualified doctors and nurses are in short supply in rural areas.
- Pray for widow's children who cannot attend school during the shut-down. They have no computer classes - in fact they have no computers or internet.
You can make a difference with your prayers! Learn about Kerusomen Elevate!